The Student Staffing Coordinator ...
Coordinates hiring for SAIT student employees:
Maintains documentation and records
Coordinates student offboarding procedure:
Serves as resource for student HR and hiring related issues:
Examples of Projects and Daily Tasks:
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly developed and demonstrated organizational skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of newly hired employees and staff
- Strong writing skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Excel and bConnected tools (Google Docs and Sheets, bCal, bMail)
- Ability to learn quickly with minimal supervision
- Dedication to work and ability to work independently
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Previous relevant administrative experience
- Experience with management of confidential or sensitive documents
- Knowledge of HR functions in an office or University setting
- Experience teaching or training others
- Experience developing training materials and delivering training presentations
- Minimum GPA of 2.3.
What You'll Learn on the Job
- How to develop and implement processes and procedures in a large organization
- Advanced professional communication skills
- Detailed student hiring and onboarding processes
- Employee payroll and HR procedures
Availability & Training Requirements
- The period of employment for this position begins upon hire and continues at least through the end of 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student.
- Must be available for 2-5 hours per week of training during the spring 2017 semester, including New Staff Orientation on Friday, April 7.
- Must be available to work 15-30 hours per week during the summer.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
- Must participate in Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) training during week of August 7, 2017.
- Required to attend all-staff training on August 18, 2017.
- Must clear a criminal background check due to the level of data access and access to systems and physical spaces required by the position.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by the Student Leadership and Recruitment Coordinator.
What to Expect
Staffing Coordinator candidates will meet with a small panel that includes the current Staffing Coordinator, the position's supervisor, and a member of another team that regularly works with the Staffing Coordinator to discuss how their skills and experience are a fit for the job. The interview will last about one hour, and will include some general questions as well as some that are specific to the position responsibilities. Candidates will be asked to bring a BearFacts transcript to verify they meet the minimum GPA requirement.
Sample Interview Questions
- Describe a time when you’ve had to balance many responsibilities at once. How did you organize your daily tasks and prioritize your work?
- What experience do you have creating or improving procedures to make work more efficient?
- Describe a past situation when you encountered a complex or unexpected problem. How did you go about solving it?
This job is currently not open for hiring
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.