The Quality Assurance Engineer ...
Conducts quality assurance tests and procedures for software applications:
Write documentation and helps develop software applications:
Carries out administrative duties:
Examples of Projects and Daily Tasks:
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Background in one or more programming languages
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Effective communication skills
- Experience in using and operating a variety of software applications in the Windows environment
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Ability to work productively in a team
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct others (including persons who do not have a technical background)
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Experience with Java and Python
- Experience writing automation scripts
- Experience with SQL and Oracle database procedures
- Experience writing program documentation
- Experience with Selenium/Selenium WebDriver
- Minimum GPA of 2.3
What You'll Learn on the Job
- How to use various bug-reporting/bug-ticketing systems
- How to test code and applications effectively and efficiently
- An understanding of the full developmental cycle, from creating business/functional requirements, to developing code, to testing and releasing builds.
Availability & Training Requirements
- The period of employment for this position begins upon hire and continues at least through the end of 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student.
- Must be available for 2-5 hours per week of training during the spring 2017 semester, including New Staff Orientation on Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Must be available to work 20-40 hours per week during the summer.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
- Required to attend all-staff training on August 18, 2017.
- Must clear a criminal background check due to the level of data access and access to systems and physical spaces required by the position.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by the QA Engineering team supervisor.
What to Expect
Quality Assurance Engineer interview Candidates will meet with a small panel made up of the team lead, team supervisor, and one or more of the team staff to discuss how their skills and experience are a fit for the job. The interview will last about one hour, and will include some general questions as well as some that are specific to programming/testing background. Candidates will be asked about basic testing concepts and terms. There will also be a small practical portion where candidates can demonstrate their ability to comprehensively test an example app.They will also be asked to bring a BearFacts transcript to verify they meet the minimum GPA requirement.
Sample Interview Questions
- What strengths or experiences do you bring to SAIT? How will this benefit the QA team?
- What is "happy-path" testing?
- You are given a web app where students can fill out and submit a resume. How would you test this app to make sure it works properly? What other information do you need to accomplish this?
- Tell us about your experience in working with a team to complete a project.
This job is currently not open for hiring
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.